Wednesday, July 6, 2011

October 31, 2009

On October 30, 2009 I felt that today is the day. In the morning I told Piotrek that we would have a baby today. He just said, "Ok" and didn't believe that it would happen because my date was a week later.I went to work as I was supposed to go. It was Friday and we had Halloween parade. In addition, my students had surprise baby shower for me. They made a books with their advice how to raise my baby. All day I felt contractions every 10 minutes but my friends from work said that if I can walk and teach it is not a "time". So I stayed at work and even wore my Halloween costume (doctor). But I was not able to come back to the classroom from the parade. My contractions got worse, so I called my doctor and he told me to go to the hospital. Unfortunately, I was not able to drive so my friend from work, Katrina, drove me there. She was great. Piotrek was waiting for me in the parking lot by the hospital. Both of us still didn't believe that it was happening; we would have a baby.

Hubus was born next day on October 31, 2009 (Halloween Baby) at 1:56am. He was the first baby born that day in the hospital. He was a big boy (7 lb 13 oz and 20 inches).


No comments:

Post a Comment